2014 Daytona 200 Week: Endless Entertainment On and Off the Track
NEWS March 5, 2014
Photo by Brian J Nelson
Courtesy of Daytona International Speedway:
Motorcycle Demo Rides Moved to Backstretch due to DAYTONA Rising Construction
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 5, 2014) – There will never be a dull moment for biker enthusiasts throughout the 2014 edition of Daytona 200 Week with thrilling motorcycle events and endless entertainment at the “World Center of Racing.”
Daytona 200 Week, which runs Friday, March 7 through Saturday, March 15, is packed full of fan activities including:
• Free demo rides: Moved to the Daytona International Speedway backstretch for 2014, motorcycle enthusiasts can take the hottest motorcycles for a test ride with free manufacturer demo rides that will be located off of Midway Blvd. Traditionally held along the frontstretch, the demo rides have moved to the backstretch due to the ongoing DAYTONA Rising construction.
Bike fans may enter at Gate 70 off Midway Blvd. via motorcycle or car. A tram will also be running continuously from the Midway in Turn 4 to the demo ride area for those on foot. Riders must have a DOT-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license to participate in the free demo riders from March 7-15.
Among the participating manufacturer on the backstretch are Indian, Kawasaki, Spyder, Suzuki, Victory and Yamaha. Harley-Davidson will continue running demo riders from their traditional location at the corner of Richard Petty Blvd. and Midway Blvd.
• Honda Kick-Off Party: Honda, an official partner of Daytona International Speedway, will host a kick-off party at their main display area in the Midway on Friday night, March 7 between 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Honda will have its AMA Supercross stars on hand to meet fans and sign autographs and will also be donating autographed jerseys and riding apparel in support of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation® Ride for Kids® (RFK). Attendees are asked to show their support for RFK by making a $5 donation. Snacks and water will be provided to the first 300 guests. Parking is available at the DIS Ticket and Tours Building.
• Midway: Inside the Midway, motorcycle enthusiasts will find a one-stop shopping destination that has everything from the nation’s top motorcycle parts to Hot Leathers fashion, the Official Bike Week Apparel and Accessories Provider for the Daytona International Speedway.
• K and G Cycles Thunder Alley at Daytona: Located in the Midway outside Turn 4, K and G Cycles Thunder Alley is Bike Week’s hottest hangout. Cool down with a Budweiser and great food or heat things up with entertainment, games and contests.
• Hot Leathers Fashion Show: Check out the hottest styles in motorcycle apparel at the Hot Leathers Fashion Show located in K and G Cycles Thunder Alley located outside of Turn 4 on Saturday, March 15 at 1 p.m. Following the Hot Leathers Fashion Show will be the annual bikini contest.
• The Spring Dash at Daytona: Hit Daytona International Speedway’s 3.56-mile road course on your own bike during the ninth annual Spring Dash. The ride of a lifetime runs on March 15 immediately after the Daytona 200 (approx. 4 p.m.). Tickets are $30 per bike. Professional photographs are available.
• Cycle Social: Stay up to date during Daytona 200 Week by following Daytona International Speedway on Facebook and Twitter (@DISupdates) using hashtags: #DAYTONASX, #DAYTONAFLATTRACK and #DAYTONA200.
For more information on the activities off the track during Daytona 200 Week, visit www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or call 1-800-PITSHOP.
blog comments powered by Disqus